Starting an Exercise Regimen? Read These Fitness Tips for Beginners
June 28, 2016 | trioonline
When you’re beginning any exercise program or just starting to get into shape, it’s important to pace yourself. You don’t want to push yourself and overdo it, especially if it’s been a little while since the last time you broke a sweat. Here are some tips to help you start your journey toward a healthier you.
- When you’re just starting out, you should work out every single day. It’s important to be consistent and form a habit so that you’ll eventually feel that exercise is part of your daily routine.
- Know the correct times to stretch. You’ll want to stretch your muscles after you warm up so that you are less likely to injure yourself.
- Relax your muscles. Beginners tend to tense up while working out. Doing so causes you to waste energy. Be sure to relax the muscles you’re not working on and focus only on the ones that you are working.
- Switch it up. Don’t stick to the same routine with the same duration of time and intensity every day. Make sure you mix up your routine by cross training.
- Remember to breathe. Focus on your breathing to improve your performance. A good exhale will help to give you more force to do more work.
- Set a goal. This will help keep your workouts exciting and to keep you motivated.