Cool and Unusual Uses for Fabric Softener Sheets
January 26, 2016 | trioonline
While you likely already know that you can use fabric softener sheets for, well, making your fabrics softer, you may not know that there are a number of other uses for these handy household items. Here are just a few smart and surprising things to do with your dryer sheets.
- Wipe up fine, powdery spills like flour or makeup using dryer sheets, because the anti-static properties help to pick up these hard-to-scoop messes.
- Likewise, dryer sheets also make great DIY dusters for shelves, television screens, and baseboards.
- Freshen up musty places by placing dryer sheets inside of your smelly winter boots, gym bag, or in a musty closet.
- Remove pet hair from just about any surface (including your clothing) by wrapping a dryer sheet around your hand and gently running it over the surface.
- In the summertime, stuff dryer sheets in your pockets to repel mosquitos.
- Remove hard water stains from faucets and the door of a shower by running a dry dryer sheet over the surface.
- End static on your hair and clothing in the winter by running a dryer sheet all over yourself.
10 New Uses for Dryer Sheets [Real Simple]
20 Household Uses for Used (Yes, Used) Dryer Sheets [Apartment Therapy]
25 Alternative Uses for Fabric-Softener Dryer Sheets [Curbly]